When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing stuck handlebar grips

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hello,

I don't have access to any type of air pressure so I used the WD-40 method. Old hard grips on a 47 DX but I wanted to save them. Came of in 15 minutes!! Thanks guys

I used my compressor to get the grips off another bike but took the air nozzle and put it up to the grip lip and bar then pressed the trigger and the grips slid right off. To put them back I used a couple of drops of Dawn and spread the liquid around the inside of the grip and they slid back on very easily. Let them dry for about 10 minutes and they become solidly attached again.

I used my compressor to get the grips off another bike but took the air nozzle and put it up to the grip lip and bar then pressed the trigger and the grips slid right off. To put them back I used a couple of drops of Dawn and spread the liquid around the inside of the grip and they slid back on very easily. Let them dry for about 10 minutes and they become solidly attached again.

Soap? OH NO! Try Windex next time. It doesn't leave a residue like soap for possible future grip gripping issues.

Thanks for the heads up Gt. I only used a drop or two of Dawn but will try your method next time.

Back