When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repaint?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It has twin headlights and split rear reflector. I’ll have to check the under side of the fenders when I get home. This is the only overall photo I have.

8af426c75ffcc784e5917ae9a8ddce8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's Monark built. In my opinion, it's a repaint. And the pedal with the chunk missing, also shows heavy wear on the other block, indicating a used pedal.
Nice looking bike.

The risks you take buying online I guess. The headlight appears unused and had original paperwork inside. I was hoping the newness applied to the whole enchilada.

f1693679abff55f42fcd910efdab8760.jpg

It must have been stripped and painted? There’s some wear on the top bar and I’m not seeing layers. Or maybe just the fender is restored? When I get home I’ll post some close ups of the tank. The script on it looks fairly clean.

2fee774708044c3084589283dd10e289.jpg

I wouldn't give up just yet. That wear on the top bar is more consistent with a factory finish to me. I'd look under the fenders and see what it looks like. Also fender braces should be riveted. V/r Shawn

The first thing that sticks out to me is the cad color on the braces / rivet looks painted and not cad coated.. the end of the white pins don’t point at the beginning and has small “dips” which points to taping not brush...The tank has some wear which looks more like scrapes then a soft smooth wear on old paint... in my opinion I’d say it is a old resto of a better caliber...

I kind of feel like there's a basecoat of white and then it was taped and sprayed the maroon color to make the pinstripes. Those edges seem just a tad fuzzy, like a bit of painter tape bleeding underneath. I would guess a 1980s-90s quality resto

Back