When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repaint?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Very convincing other than the used pedals. Is the chain ring in new condition with no wear what so ever? It looks pretty good from what I can see in the pictures. Find some (nos) pedals or blocks to get rid of that red flag. ;)

Chain ring has sharp teeth but they don’t look perfect. Not sure how perfect they should be though.

49cd02a29aca5e0f5329289b8cc96271.jpg

cd38ff6b49ff64efa1d2bb0f1630310e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeepers creepers Mr. Wilson. look at that chain and gears. in my mind now the only mystery is the wear on the pedals.

look at all the nuts and bolts.. any signs of anything every being taken apart?

jeepers creepers Mr. Wilson. look at that chain and gears. in my mind now the only mystery is the wear on the pedals.

look at all the nuts and bolts.. any signs of anything every being taken apart?

If you look at the teeth, leading edge, you'll see that bike has had a few good miles put on it and that somewhat pairs up to the wear on the pedals. Uneven tooth wear but it's there.

Last edited:
I may be in the minority but my gut says original. I think the stripes and graphics were masked form the factory and not hand applied. V/r Shawn

I guess I was under the impression that all factory pin striping was done by hand. Not so?

Feedback on the paint is welcome news. The fact that it turned out not to be NOS is a let down but such is life making online purchases. It’s a really cool bike regardless. I’ll have it cleaned up with air in the tires by next week. I’m looking to replace the pedals or the blocks if anyone has something suitable they want to sell. Gracias.

The few really NOS bikes I have owned were the most weirdly worn bikes as well one sat in the hardware store window probably for years and was so faded on one side you would say it needs to be repainted -the other side was perfect. The other had so much shelf wear from 60 years of being moved around that also got re painted -both hardware store basement finds ----I also vote original paint

Yes, I guess I should say knowingly or maliciously misrepresented.

Bullsh!t. I just ran across this thread, with much disappointment. I bought this bike from an estate, through a very knowledgeable bicycle guy that has owned every killer bike out there and knows his stuff. When I finally got possession of it, I, too, think it is original paint, and the story of where it came from, how the guy got it, etc... I firmly believe it was never sold out of a bike shop. For the last 10 years, it has been moved several times from storage to storage, each time by an idiot that stacked crap on and around it.

As for the pedals, I never paid attention to them to be honest. I caught a red eye from the west coast to Illinois and then loaded up a van with 10 bikes and other antiques, and then drove 2000 miles in 2 days to Portland, then 600 miles the third day to Sacramento, where you took possession of it, John. I spent all of 3 minutes looking at it, but I would now guess someone changed the pedals. If someone has some correct, NOS pedals, I will buy them and throw them at you.

My last Point here is that you took possession of the bike and looked it over very carefully while I was unloading all my other junk at the Swap Meet. You were happy then and you were happy the next day. I would have gladly given you your money back right there on the spot. The time to air any grievance was then and not in a public forum and question my integrity. I'm done here.
Jim

Last edited:
No one is down on the bike or you, Jim. See post 2.

Back