When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repaint?

-
She’s a beaut. If I could only get the old lady on a bicycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chain ring has sharp teeth but they don’t look perfect. Not sure how perfect they should be though.

View attachment 1019511

View attachment 1019512

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NOS looks like this.

monark chain wheel.jpg

I didn’t read thru every post on this thread but it’s common for collectors to take the pedals off to save space especially when moved around from place to place or when bikes change owners- those pedals may not even be from this bike. I’ve seen collections with no pedals on the bikes. They get stashed somewhere later to hopefully be mated with the correct bike.

Nice bike !

I didn’t read thru every post on this thread but it’s common for collectors to take the pedals off to save space especially when moved around from place to place or when bikes change owners- those pedals may not even be from this bike. I’ve seen collections with no pedals on the bikes. They get stashed somewhere later to hopefully be mated with the correct bike. I think the pics of the tank reveal that your bike is a very preserved original.

Nice bike !
Mark is right. I worked at a bike shop decades ago and we hung all the bikes up without pedals, the owner always said the pedals get in the way and scratch the other bikes up in storage moving them around, he was a bike salesman who had been around since just after the war.

Back