When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repainting white enamel S7's help / suggestions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Mikey67 those look great and nice color choices !
I started building/rebuilding wheels for these old bikes last winter but this is my first try at repainting S7 rims. I purchased a stencil from ebay to paint the lines. I have not decided on colors yet.
Can I ask what brand / type of paint you used? What where your restoration steps?

Getting there ! The knurling still comes through in sections....enough I guess.

Hi there and let me know if you'd like to borrow the pin striper to play with. I used enamel paint from Sherwin Williams. Tom Hand

I just did a set with Krylon Ivory, turned out nice, heres how: Go to a hobby shop and buy 1/16or 1/8 masking tape. Scuff your wheels with 320 grip paper, avoiding the pinstripes. WIPE the dust off! Put on the tape. Then 3 or 4 light coats of paint then one a little heavier. Works excellent

DSCF9721.JPG

Beugler.... just as I was thinking "how would you do it on a bike frame" they showed how it works. looks like a basic one is pretty cheap.
I used to have one like posted above with the little glass bottle but it is poorly made compared to the beugler , the rollers wobble because the axel it rolls on is smaller diameter than the hole in the rollers . Both are difficult to stripe schwinn s-2 or s-7 rims assembled
The striper hits the spoke nipples if you try and hold the striper and spin the wheel.
I always stripe schwinn rims unassembled holding the striper vertical and the rim vertical on the floor and roll the rim while holding the striper still , kind of like the tank in the video.

Last edited:
I have a stencil that I ordered from Ebay to try out. Ill give it a go on one wheel. I cant imagnine trying to do any of this with the wheel assembled !!

I striped mine with the Beugler but as pointed out by others, the rim needs to be without spokes. Truly, it is very easy that way.

Back