Repair Stands

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

1motime

I live for the CABE
Aug 7, 2019
So Cal
Looking for some shop advice. What is the best repair stand? Looking for something portable that will work in a home shop. Strong enough to be convenient and safe for a early Italian 10 speed to a full dress ballooner. I see Park has quite a few stands. Anyone have a favorite model # or comments? Thanks!

GTs58

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
I have the PCS-9 and really like it but the only thing I don't care for is using the allen wrench when adjusting the height. I didn't feel the price difference for the 10 was worth it because I'm cheap. For 99 bucks shipped new in 2010 I was happy.

eeapo

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jan 2, 2015
Take a look at the Las Cruces NM craigslist ( bike parts ) he has one for sale for 100 $, might cost you 20 $ for shipping, I think it's worth. It's park tool PCS9.

Andrew Gorman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 15, 2008
Pasadena (Hastings Ranch), United States
The workstand from Aldis supermarket is great, if there is one near you, They usually show up in April-
I have one of the Park stands 49autocycle has and it is a very good thing. The Aldi stand is a little flimsier, but folds down smaller for storage. There are a LOT of threads on this board about workstands. Some like them some do do not.

1motime

I live for the CABE
Aug 7, 2019
So Cal
Thanks everyone! I was leaning towards a Park stand. They seem to be the standard as far as hobbyist use. The prices are a bit surprising! What isn't these days?
The 9 or 10 look to be the same with better hardware on the 10. I looked at used ones. People are asking just a few dollars below retail. Have to bite the bullet and order one.
Sure would beat working on my knees! Thanks!

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

1motime

I live for the CABE
Aug 7, 2019
So Cal
Here's a deal if you're close to Bakersfield and can pick it up saving a good chunk of change for shipping.

I saw that one. Good deal except for the shipping. I actually go north on the 5 monthly. If I go a few miles east I would go right through Bakersfield. Thanks for the idea. It is very doable!

Reactions: GTs58

Mr. Monkeyarms

I live for the CABE
Oct 30, 2018
Colorado
If you haven't used a stand before, it will change your life....
Park is the leader in bike tools for a reason. When I first bit the bullet and shelled out the cash for a new Park folding stand the price made me cringe. I soon had a huge grin the first time I used it to overhaul my mountain bike for an upcoming race and the money was worth every penny! :)

Keep an eye on local marketplaces. They pop up pretty cheap from time to time.

Reactions: 1motime

1motime

I live for the CABE
Aug 7, 2019
So Cal
I got a used PCS 10 today off Craigslist. Looks to be in good condition. $100. I sold a set of 65 Chevelle SS hubcaps this morning for $100. Fair trade if you look at it that way. Hopefully it makes the job easier. I need all the help I can get these days!
If you haven't used a stand before, it will change your life....
Park is the leader in bike tools for a reason. When I first bit the bullet and shelled out the cash for a new Park folding stand the price made me cringe. I soon had a huge grin the first time I used it to overhaul my mountain bike for an upcoming race and the money was worth every penny! :)

Keep an eye on local marketplaces. They pop up pretty cheap from time to time.
I picked up a Park PCS10 today off Craigslist. Looks to be in good condition. $100 I sold a set of 65 Chevelle SS hubcaps this morning for $100. Fair trade I guess. Hopefully the stand makes things easier. I need all the help I can get these days!

1motime

I live for the CABE
Aug 7, 2019
So Cal
Bike stands are like car lifts to car guys or auto darkening helmets for welders. you will never go back once you have one
You are right on that one. When I finally bought a portable scissor jack for restoring and prepping car body shells for paint I asked why I didn't get one years earlier! Slow learner but it was the best shop tool investment!

This ad goes away when you register for an account!