When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repair Stands

-
I have a PCS-10 Park stand I bought a few years ago. I’ve loved having it. I’ve often thought exactly the same thing as mentioned above- it’s like owning a hoist if you work on cars, it will change your life.

just wondering if anyone has had trouble with their Park stand getting sticky on the back rotator piece. If I haven’t used mine in a while I really have to force it to get it to rotate. Once it breaks loose it is good until it sits again. Its always puzzled me. I’ve even sprayed some lubricant in there and it made no difference.

check Craigs list,the Market Place,etc for used Parks stands.Got 2 Parks stands cheaper than the price of one new one.

Another vote here for the Park PCS-9. Picked my up for $50.00 at the Westminster swap meet this past February. Very happy with the way it works, very stable on both my Rossins and the Flying Pigeon that I'm currently trying to exorcise.

IMG_0170.jpeg

No matter what you wind up getting, just watch out for legs that stick out. When there's no bike on the stand, I find myself tripping on them. I like the looks of the stand that have a heavy metal,base rather than legs. They look easier to move around as well.

My Park PCS 1 has done a great job with everything from my racing hardtail mtn bike to heavy ballooners, is portable. Been using it since the mid 90's and hasn't had a hiccup. I found this stand at a garage sale and use it in the garage. Not very portable but is super solid. Since it was patented in '67(applied. Granted in 1970) it fits seat tubes of the period perfectly.

I use my PCS 1 when traveling. ;)

IMG_20200510_133438549.jpg

I believe you are right @schwinnbikebobb! Found it at a garage sale before work one day and it works great! Since I have an adjustable height chair with wheels I can sit to work on bikes, saving energy for a ride! :)

I second the feedback stand. Good stuff. And if you don’t plan on moving your stand the heavier duty the better. Old Park stands with the steel plate base can’t be beat.

Back