When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repair Stands

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

1motime

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Looking for some shop advice. What is the best repair stand? Looking for something portable that will work in a home shop. Strong enough to be convenient and safe for a early Italian 10 speed to a full dress ballooner. I see Park has quite a few stands. Anyone have a favorite model # or comments? Thanks!

Park Tool Home Mechanic Repair Stand - PCS-10

Our shop has three of these...it will definitely hold ballooners and tandems.

Get the optional work tray. It can also be converted to a truing stand.

1578175867826.png

I have the PCS-9 and really like it but the only thing I don't care for is using the allen wrench when adjusting the height. I didn't feel the price difference for the 10 was worth it because I'm cheap. For 99 bucks shipped new in 2010 I was happy.

Take a look at the Las Cruces NM craigslist ( bike parts ) he has one for sale for 100 $, might cost you 20 $ for shipping, I think it's worth. It's park tool PCS9.

The workstand from Aldis supermarket is great, if there is one near you, They usually show up in April-
I have one of the Park stands 49autocycle has and it is a very good thing. The Aldi stand is a little flimsier, but folds down smaller for storage. There are a LOT of threads on this board about workstands. Some like them some do do not.

Thanks everyone! I was leaning towards a Park stand. They seem to be the standard as far as hobbyist use. The prices are a bit surprising! What isn't these days?
The 9 or 10 look to be the same with better hardware on the 10. I looked at used ones. People are asking just a few dollars below retail. Have to bite the bullet and order one.
Sure would beat working on my knees! Thanks!

Back