Replace Damaged Parts with 3D Scanned/Printed Parts

This ad disappears when logged in

shawnatvintagespokes

Finally riding a big boys bike
May 11, 2015
Camas, Washington
If you have a damaged part and need a complete, undamaged, new replacement, I can scan what you have, repair the damage in 3D modeling software, and then 3D print a whole, undamaged new part. The part has to be less than 8” x 8” x 9”. The damage can be pretty drastic and pieces can be missing, but odds are we can still recreate it. The printed parts will be plastic. We can put a painted finish on it, or send it to you sanded but unfinished. If you want chromed plastic, we can outsource that, but it is very expensive ($75 to $150 depending on the size of the object). We can also have the object printed in steel with a polished nickel plated finish, or if you have very deep pockets, a chrome plated finish.

Attached are some photos of a bezel that was smashed (due to poor packaging), that we were able to recreate. We affectionately called the smashed original the “Humpty Dumpty” bezel.

If you have a “Humpty Dumpty” project, PM me and we can discuss it.

Respectfully,

Shawn

Humpty1.jpg

Humpty2.jpg

P1030942.jpg

P1030943.jpg

hoofhearted

Saint Lactose The Tolerant
Jan 20, 2010
Fairborn, Ohio
3D Scanned Printing is waaay futuristic to me.

But I'm a sucker for learning about and seeing
more examples. Especially in steel.

Is this technology limited to a broad spectrum of
steels ? What about carbon steel that can be heat-
treated ?

What is required for a chainring to be replicated ?

Is the technology itself developed to a point where
excellent detail can be copied ?

Thank you .....

..... patric

Mr. Monkeyarms

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Oct 30, 2018
Colorado
Very cool!! :cool::cool: Any thoughts on making production pieces for popular/rare items? Once you have the thing in question programmed, run a few of them off and sell here!

This service is a great idea!

CURTIS L LINDGREN

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Dec 19, 2017
Pacific Northwest , United States
Shawn has helped me a few times................most notably with the front Bezels on both my Sears Spaceliner , and my Western Flyer Strato Flyer. I also got the Lenses for both bikes ( Similar bikes , but Completely different parts) This is a great alternative to searching for 'Who knows how long" for these parts. Her Selection is growing all the time, and She's a joy to speak with. Oh and by the way her Husband Earl, did the conversion on the spaceliner to LED LIGHTS ! ( All done through the mail ) They have MANY other services as well. Thank you Shawn ! Thank you Earl ! ****Picture 3 shows the "Broken Bezel " on The Strato Flyer...............Before the "New" Replacement ******

IMG_20190223_191235928.jpg

IMG_20190223_191157273.jpg

IMG_20190217_121133931.jpg

IMG_20181215_123408945.jpg

Last edited:

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture