When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replace Damaged Parts with 3D Scanned/Printed Parts

-

shawnatvintagespokes

Finally riding a big boys bike
If you have a damaged part and need a complete, undamaged, new replacement, I can scan what you have, repair the damage in 3D modeling software, and then 3D print a whole, undamaged new part. The part has to be less than 8” x 8” x 9”. The damage can be pretty drastic and pieces can be missing, but odds are we can still recreate it. The printed parts will be plastic. We can put a painted finish on it, or send it to you sanded but unfinished. If you want chromed plastic, we can outsource that, but it is very expensive ($75 to $150 depending on the size of the object). We can also have the object printed in steel with a polished nickel plated finish, or if you have very deep pockets, a chrome plated finish.

Attached are some photos of a bezel that was smashed (due to poor packaging), that we were able to recreate. We affectionately called the smashed original the “Humpty Dumpty” bezel.

If you have a “Humpty Dumpty” project, PM me and we can discuss it.

Respectfully,

Shawn

Humpty1.jpg

Humpty2.jpg

P1030942.jpg

P1030943.jpg

3D Scanned Printing is waaay futuristic to me.

But I'm a sucker for learning about and seeing
more examples. Especially in steel.

Is this technology limited to a broad spectrum of
steels ? What about carbon steel that can be heat-
treated ?

What is required for a chainring to be replicated ?

Is the technology itself developed to a point where
excellent detail can be copied ?

Thank you .....

..... patric

Very cool!! :cool::cool: Any thoughts on making production pieces for popular/rare items? Once you have the thing in question programmed, run a few of them off and sell here!

This service is a great idea!

Shawn has helped me a few times................most notably with the front Bezels on both my Sears Spaceliner , and my Western Flyer Strato Flyer. I also got the Lenses for both bikes ( Similar bikes , but Completely different parts) This is a great alternative to searching for 'Who knows how long" for these parts. Her Selection is growing all the time, and She's a joy to speak with. Oh and by the way her Husband Earl, did the conversion on the spaceliner to LED LIGHTS ! ( All done through the mail ) They have MANY other services as well. Thank you Shawn ! Thank you Earl ! ****Picture 3 shows the "Broken Bezel " on The Strato Flyer...............Before the "New" Replacement ******

IMG_20190223_191235928.jpg

IMG_20190223_191157273.jpg

IMG_20190217_121133931.jpg

IMG_20181215_123408945.jpg

Last edited:
Back