When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement braces for 28" rain gutter fenders?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

yewhi

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi all,

I'm hoping for a little advice on a simple question. I have a decent set of fenders that I purchased along with Frame/Fork/Tank combination. I'm restoring the bike and the fenders are in good shape except for the fact that they are missing the original fender braces.

My question is whether there is a reasonable source for 28" braces (my first choice, short of ponying up for a second set of fenders with original braces)? If not are there any issues using 27" fender braces (635 mm vs 630 mm diameter). I know it translates (in theory) to a mere 2.5 mm difference on the radius which could be easily shimmed on the inner fender. It's not my first choice but probably the easiest.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

PS. just for the entire picture, the wheels will be built using a ND hubset laced to 36 hole Velocity Blunts (29er sized). Tire selection based on what clearance will allow once I have the chance to mount the wheels and inspect the fit (likely 38 to 42 mm). I know, not original but strong and will last another 100 years...

Last edited:
Back