When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement Fork for G519 Tribute Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Michael Boyd

Finally riding a big boys bike
If I want to put the correct fork on my 1942-43 G519 Columbia tribute , what should I be looking for? Thanks, Mike

Hi Mike,
I just recently got pulled into the world of G519 tribute bikes myself, so I’m definitely no expert as of yet. But for the front fork you want the “forged crown” style as opposed to the “plated” crown from a pre-war or early post-war Westfield/Columbia. My tribute bike is being built from a 1941 Columbia frame. Ironically, if you are starting with say, a 1941 Columbia frame for your tribute, the straight bar frames used the plated crown front fork and the curved bar frames have the sought after forged-crown fork. Kind of backwards from the standpoint of building a tribute bike since most builders prefer the straight bar frame (the curved bar frame actually was used a short time on the early G519s). One alternative would be to take a forged-crown front fork from a woman’s Westfield/Columbia and then shorten and thread down the steering tube pipe to fit (not really an easy task but doable). Sometimes its difficult (and expensive) to find the perfect front fork so you have to improvise. Hope this helps. An earlier thread in this forum has pics and more details about the front fork:
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/g519-tribute-build.127747/
Good luck with the build!

Bob

Great info, and yes, I’ve looked at your thread....outstanding job.
Here are a few I’ve found, anything looking like it will work
Fork#1

C22F1669-E4BA-4691-BD01-D5998077E115.jpeg

Hi Mike,

I’ll have to take some measurements from my "G519" front fork to give you some reference for choosing a correct fork.

What year/make frame are you using for the build? I assume some variation of an early Westfield/Columbia. Keep in mind you’ll eventually need to add the upper and lower truss brackets along with truss rods to the front fork -- Al Berger at Bergerwerke http://www.bergerwerke.com/ reproduces the complete set if you’re looking for parts.

Bob

Hi Bob,
That would be great, here are images of the bike I’m working with
Already snagged the front fender light, correct handlebars, grips , pump and, yes, I got the tire pump bracket from Bergerwerke, if I can get the correct fork , those parts you mentioned are my next move, and , of course new tires ( any guidance on most authentic looking Repro s would be appreciated as well.
Thanks for the help, Mike

IMG_3904.jpg

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

Back