When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement Fork for G519 Tribute Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Hello;
I am interested in your G519 project, that's fine.
But in wiew of your frame, i must go on the restoration of HUFFMAN 1942, is the tightening of your seat tube that looks like.
Look at @johan willaert post "1942 G519 HUFFMAN BIKE PROJECT" , it's an original!
That of @tango021 , is made form a WESTERN FLYER in HUFFMAN 1942 by Alan BERGER (bluffing).
IMG_4238.jpg

Be careful, for the HUFFMAN, the fenders, chainguard and the complet crankset are not the same as the COLUMBIA.
My simple opinion .
Regards;
Serge

Thank you and yes you are correct. The tightening seat post tube is slightly elevated above the frame a tad more than the Columbia , which seems to be more flush with the top of the frame and the tightening knob is on the frame, definitely see that and thank you. However , the chain guard, fenders (which are gothic) are correct for the Columbia and it already has come with those elements .
It is a tribute bicycle . I’ll hunt a little to see availabilty of Huffman fenders , chainguard and crank, but I may live with the seat post area that you have pointed out and still stay Early Columbia with all other aspects . (It May come down to complete cost of bike and what I want to spend....I know, a strange concept)Still need a fork no matter which way I go.
I’m definitely learning on this one and am going to use it for living history events. The goal is then to do a later one.
Thanks for the info....definitely food for thought.

Hey Mike,
Yeah, it seems you have a bit of a hybrid going on -- do you go Columbia or do you go more towards Huffman? Like you said, it’s a Tribute bike -- just have fun building it. However it may be more difficult locating usable Huffman parts than Westfield/Columbia parts.

Regardless, you’ll probably want to replace the plate-crown front fork your bike currently uses with the solid crown version that you had several pics of. Interestingly, if you were building a Huffman G519, the lower truss bracket is integral to the front fork, much like the one on your bike right now...

I took a few measurements last night on my Columbia fork but seeing your latest pics, your best bet is to take some measurements off your existing fork as a reference for choosing a replacement. Front fork pics #3 & #4 seem to be from a woman’s bike, so again would require a bit of work on your end to make them fit.

Bob

Back