When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Replica?" turn of the century British Roadster

-
I Haven't bought one- the bike it was going to go on got stolen. I'd guess they are OK, but definitely not Brooks quality, maybe better than seats from India.

Hears what i'd like to build / find

5c68c6b1-88fe-45f5-bab7-e31e989db34e-jpeg.jpg

Reactions: JLF
Looks like a fun project. The technical term for the full chain guard is "Chain Case", so search for that. I have a scruffy narrow set of rod brake bars off of a 1938 Raleigh built gazelle that need a new home- I'll get a picture to you tomorrow. Any chrome shop can strip plating too, or you can always just sandblast. Check out the "vintage" saddles on AliExpress- they will probably age fast, and are cheap enough to experiment with. Dutch bike shops also have some old-timey looking components:

Why don't you just run an ad in the wanted section? There are older British bikes in circulation in the US. I have seen them at the Brimfield and Hershey Swaps. Years ago Ralph Lauren or another clothing designer brought heaps of them in to display in their stores for a season.

I would but most of them are way out of my budget
Where i live in colorado there are all road bicycleist so there are few antiques
If anyone comes accrost one id like to know if thats not to much trouble

Last edited:
Back