When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repop hanging tanks

-

Brutuskend

I live for the CABE
So I've found a local sheet metal worker who is open to making repop hanging tanks. I'm going to have him make one for my 34 Elgin motorbike. I've made a cardboard template of the size and shape I need, as well as a LOT of photos of original tanks of various manufactures so he can see exactly how they were made. Including the tool box door. Assuming the one he makes for me turns out well, is there a market here for custom made hanging tanks?

I’d take a 38 schwinn motorbike tank and a 38 bc tank! I wish I could find a real one in maroon that isn’t crazy expensive
B3F4AEDA-50BF-417D-9075-1840849E6447.jpeg

7206D235-ABE3-48CB-9D02-15BADF21CFA6.jpeg

$$$$$
Many collectors have deep pockets.
Others like myself, DON'T.

:poutingcat: Well , That's what my response was gonna say. IN THE HOPES ..................THE PRICE IS REASONABLE . All bikes aren't or can't ever be ORIGINAL & UN-MOLESTED .......................So , Here's a chance to get that "Look" or "Function" at a UHemmmmmmmmmmmm....Better Price - - - - - - then maybe the "Project" will end up more cost effective , and Serve It's purpose with a bit of an Upgrade . :oops:

Back