When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repop Schwinn Springer for Whizzer Special build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

skeezer

Finally riding a big boys bike
Looking for a nice/NOS repop Schwinn springer fork from one of the the anniversary models. I think they were sold by themselves in addition to being offered on the bikes. Anyone have an extra laying around? I came across a NOS 1952 Schwinn DX with the modifications to be a Whizzer Special frame. As my 2nd frame up build, I am trying to stay as authentic as possible. Thanks.

Skeezer

Looking for a nice/NOS repop Schwinn springer fork from one of the the anniversary models. I think they were sold by themselves in addition to being offered on the bikes. Anyone have an extra laying around? I came across a NOS 1952 Schwinn DX with the modifications to be a Whizzer Special frame. As my 2nd frame up build, I am trying to stay as authentic as possible. Thanks.

Skeezer
Do you know who did the modifications?

It's a factory Schwinn frame with dimpled frame and welded motor mounts, rear wheel adjusters, and brake stay.

Skeezer
Alright. So it was an original whizzer special? Or were the mods added by another person more recently?

I'm saying original and there was no evidence of any hardware ever attached to it. A couple years ago, I was lucky enough to find a 52 NOS Pacemaker frame also.

Skeezer

I'm saying original and there was no evidence of any hardware ever attached to it. A couple years ago, I was lucky enough to find a 52 NOS Pacemaker frame also.

Skeezer
Very nice! Congrats! I’m also working on a whizzer special project!

Back