When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction 28" tires

-
I like those Pipistrellos Dugasts.
too bad to hear that they don't make them no more ... didn't buy any lately
real high end tyres for racing and riding
and they look great.

I use the Universal tires for my show bikes that I don't ride
they look great, but are heavy as hell
I probably have 20 bikes with them on
the white tires are too white, so you have to stain them to get a more vintage look, same with the reds, red is too bright so staining is the way to go

Max

I like those Pipistrellos Dugasts.
too bad to hear that they don't make them no more ... didn't buy any lately
real high end tyres for racing and riding
and they look great.

I use the Universal tires for my show bikes that I don't ride
they look great, but are heavy as hell
I probably have 20 bikes with them on
the white tires are too white, so you have to stain them to get a more vintage look, same with the reds, red is too bright so staining is the way to go

Max

I really like the Pipestrellos, they are very lightweight and are the perfect size for a race bicycle.
As it turns out, the mud at Camp Ben McCullough in Driftwood Tx, puts a nice patina on white rubber!

Last edited:
Beautiful bicycle your 1901 National!
Thanks to Bill Corbett, it’s previous caretaker who made it available to me.
I would ride it briefly, but the racing spokes are compromised by rust and while I am a small person I just don’t want to risk it.
It’s probably going on loan to the Texas Transportation Museum at some point so many people can see it!

Thanks for the information!
What is the best type of sealer to look for.
Certainly not the dreaded 16oz can of Fix a Flat? !

Oh now I understand why you ask about flats. Texas!!!!
When I lived in Dallas, those damn thorns in the trails would be a headaches on every runs! You really need some tough tires if your are going to ride in Texas.
Max

Last edited:
I have almost 450 miles on a pair of 1 3/4 white smooth Deans that I stretched to 30 inch for a 1892 Victor very happy

Please tell us your story about how you installed the tires. I’m going to order some RD’s and stretch them ove 30” rims...

Back