When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction Grips

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Goldslinger

Finally riding a big boys bike
I saw a post on Facebook for a guy that duplicates g519 grips. I sent him a message. We got to talking and I told him to make me a couple of pairs. Now I don’t have originals but I have seen several. He does not do PayPal ,you have to send him a check. A little scary but after our conversations . I thought what the hell. Here is what I received next to my civilian OD 42 grips . They are amazing. They fit my Nos handle bars perfectly. They are hard like the originals . So if you are interested he is on the g519 Facebook forum. Kevin Carroll. Tell him Sam sent you .

Hi @Goldslinger

They look very nicely done.

Do you happen to know what they are made from? (I admit it - I am part Polymer Scientist). I understand the originals are made from a Cellulose Acetate polymer called Tenite:

I have seen reproduction items cast from thermoset resins. If that is the case with these, then to tell the difference in future between originals and these nice reproductions, you will be able to use a hot pin (touch a hot pin to the plastic somewhere that doesn't show. If it melts, it's a plastic like Tenite, if it doesn't, or just browns a little, it is a thermoset). Tenite is also soluble in Acetone, which Thermosets aren't. Thermosets also tend to be colder to the touch.

Best Regards,

Adrian

I saw a post on Facebook for a guy that duplicates g519 grips. I sent him a message. We got to talking and I told him to make me a couple of pairs. Now I don’t have originals but I have seen several. He does not do PayPal ,you have to send him a check. A little scary but after our conversations . I thought what the hell. Here is what I received next to my civilian OD 42 grips . They are amazing. They fit my Nos handle bars perfectly. They are hard like the originals . So if you are interested he is on the g519 Facebook forum. Kevin Carroll. Tell him Sam sent you .View attachment 1698561
View attachment 1698562
Very nice Sam. Can you please post a link or exact title of the FB group. I am not finding the guy in the military bike forum or a G519 group on FB. Thank you.

Last edited:
I saw a post on Facebook for a guy that duplicates g519 grips. I sent him a message. We got to talking and I told him to make me a couple of pairs. Now I don’t have originals but I have seen several. He does not do PayPal ,you have to send him a check. A little scary but after our conversations . I thought what the hell. Here is what I received next to my civilian OD 42 grips . They are amazing. They fit my Nos handle bars perfectly. They are hard like the originals . So if you are interested he is on the g519 Facebook forum. Kevin Carroll. Tell him Sam sent you .View attachment 1698561
View attachment 1698562

Hello;
I know Kevin, he worked for me a 4 years ago, very nice guy and very very good job!
On your photos, the original grip is from the model found on certain civilian Victory VG295 - VG296... civilian bikes.
The repro is correct model G519.
Regards;
Serge

He's in this group, advertising the grips for $100 plus shipping.

Thank you Dave. FB is a mystery to me. I put in "G519" and "G519 Bicycle" as separate searches and neither produced this group.

Last edited:
Back