When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction OD Grips on Ebay

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HUFFMANBILL

Finally riding a big boys bike
Did anyone see the price that took a pair of reproduction OD Military G519 grips on Ebay yesterday morning? They went for $167.50 plus $7.20 shipping. See ebay item # 323327703781. Wow!!! That's way more then what I have ever paid for any pair of NOS original grips! I sure hope that the buyer was aware that those grips were reproduction since it was not real clear from the short description. I contacted the seller and he confirmed that they were recent manufacture. Well, maybe that is what repro. grips are going for now. Sure glad that I use NOS original grips on my G519's as they are cheaper, at least in my case.
Regards,
Bill

I saw them and also asked if they were original because I think he left it purposely vague. I didn't see the final price but seems crazy they sold for that.

I'm closed to finished reviving my 43 Dayton. It came to me with one black grip. Did all the military bikes have OD grips?
dayton-grip.jpg

Hello;
Of this model if, to my knowledge, i only know them OD color in WW2
Serge

I have my reasons why I threw so much at them. First off it was auction. So others drove the price up. I am sure all that were bidding thought they were NOS. I had never seen repro OD had grips. But then again I have only been looking for parts for just over a year. Over the course of that year I have never seen OD handgrips come up for sale of that quality. This was the last part I needed for my bike. I had to get it done this before this weekend. Why was I hot to trot for this weekend? Well I am taking my bike to see my grandfather who is 94 this weekend and he used G519 at Dyersburge Army Airbase. He does not have much Time left. I am making a tag for my bike and he is going to sign it. It had value to me to grab these. But I didn’t bid to drive the price up. I bid to get them. So I only added $1 to the highest bid at the last 5 seconds. One of the other reasons why they had value to me was I had already purchased some rejects from a member on G503. The shape was right. But the color and quality was bad. I was going to use them to pull my own molds and cast some of my own. I knew in materials alone I would be over $100 to do that and would take me Hours and Hours. Sure I could sell some parts. But I don’t have the time. I don’t have a lot of time. I needed to stop using my time hunting for parts. Surfing the web. Looking for the last bits. This last part. I was not really buying hand grips. I was buying TIME in the form of hand grips. Too bad they are not NOS. But at least they are the correct shape and color.

They must be Bergerworks items. He does not sell them anymore. Nobody sells repro OD handgrips anymore.

Tracking has them in my mailbox today. Just in TIME to get fitted and take to see my grandfather on Saturday.

Well thank you grandfather for his service, awesome that he actually used the original bikes. I'd say your rationale should sit well with most people...not that it really matters. Sometimes time can be worth all the money in the world. Good luck finishing the project.

I have my reasons why I threw so much at them. First off it was auction. So others drove the price up. I am sure all that were bidding thought they were NOS. I had never seen repro OD had grips. But then again I have only been looking for parts for just over a year. Over the course of that year I have never seen OD handgrips come up for sale of that quality. This was the last part I needed for my bike. I had to get it done this before this weekend. Why was I hot to trot for this weekend? Well I am taking my bike to see my grandfather who is 94 this weekend and he used G519 at Dyersburge Army Airbase. He does not have much Time left. I am making a tag for my bike and he is going to sign it. It had value to me to grab these. But I didn’t bid to drive the price up. I bid to get them. So I only added $1 to the highest bid at the last 5 seconds. One of the other reasons why they had value to me was I had already purchased some rejects from a member on G503. The shape was right. But the color and quality was bad. I was going to use them to pull my own molds and cast some of my own. I knew in materials alone I would be over $100 to do that and would take me Hours and Hours. Sure I could sell some parts. But I don’t have the time. I don’t have a lot of time. I needed to stop using my time hunting for parts. Surfing the web. Looking for the last bits. This last part. I was not really buying hand grips. I was buying TIME in the form of hand grips. Too bad they are not NOS. But at least they are the correct shape and color.

They must be Bergerworks items. He does not sell them anymore. Nobody sells repro OD handgrips anymore.

Tracking has them in my mailbox today. Just in TIME to get fitted and take to see my grandfather on Saturday.

Some G519 came with black coke bottle grips both Huffman and Columbia built I think they were slightly different with the columbia having a more ball shaped end and the huffman more flat like the coke bottle bottom, now the pics are black and white but I don't think there were any green coke bottle grips or I have never seen any old stock of them, I imagine they were just the standard grips used on the civilian bikes, some very original survivor bikes still have black coke bottle grips even with original wartime tires.

5903353602_88f3efa14c_o-X2.jpg

ColumbiaOfficerWW2.jpg

HuffmanMcClellanField1942.jpg

Last edited:
Some G519 came with black coke bottle grips both Huffman and Columbia built I think they were slightly different with the columbia having a more ball shaped end and the huffman more flat like the coke bottle bottom, now the pics are black and white but I don't think there were any green coke bottle grips or I have never seen any old stock of them, I imagine they were just the standard grips used on the civilian bikes, some very original survivor bikes still have black coke bottle grips even with original wartime tires.

View attachment 837661

View attachment 837662

View attachment 837664

View attachment 837661

View attachment 837662

View attachment 837664
The very early 1942 curved lower tube Columbia/Huffman Military bikes came with the black coke bottle grips. Later in 1942 they were replaced with the OD textile #43 pointed torpedo style grips. More then likely as some of these bikes were used the original grips would break or otherwise were changed out for other style ones. Personally, I find that the coke bottle grips are more comfortable then the OD textile #43 grips.

Back