When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction Phantom?

-

HappyStitches

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Have a chance to buy this bike from a lady but she has no clue if it is a reproduction. She could not find a serial number under the crank.
Could anyone give me some advice what else I could ask her to look for?

received_4734048113325655.jpeg

received_918729098748512.jpeg

It's not a Centennial model. Wrong fork, rear reflector, seat, chainring and pedals. It could be a 55 or later frame with a lot of parts just added to it. Ask her to look at the left rear dropout for a serial number. It's a nice bike but in my opinion it's parts all put together. Nothing wrong with that though.

It will cost you about three bills to get a correct seat and another hundy for the correct pedals. Could have a lot of repo stuff hanging on it and may not have even started life as a Phantom. I have nothing against properly restored bikes but would never buy a restored Phantom. V/r Shawn

Looks like a fairly fresh rebuild. Can't say for sure on all the frame pins, but the guard pins appear to be striping tape. Serial will be on the left rear drop out.

Is this the same lady that has the Luxury Liner you inquired about? Looks the bike you are asking about now was there as well.

If you get it cheap. Ok. If they want top dollar it's up to you. It has wrong seat wrong pedals
wrong neck wrong pin stripes and wrong darts on the paint. Pinstripes on tank and guard look like thin masking tape?

Last edited:
Well I thank everyone for replying. I guess they would not be worth $950 each then. Thank you for taking the time to look at the pictures and seeing what is not right.
Doug

Back