When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction shaft-drive hubs for antique bicycles?

-

2000ITR

Look Ma, No Hands!
A shot in the dark...does anyone reproduce hubs for antique bicycles, specifically, rear hubs for shaft-drive bikes...for an early 1900s Pope Columbia? I realize there probably isn't a large enough market out there to produce these...getting desperate.

Thanks, Joe

I was in the same spot as you, i have a model 59 columbia shaft drive but was in need of a back hub. I lucked out and found one but for awhile i was thinking of producing my own. I was told that i could have a hub of my choice fabricated with a similar bevel gear. See pic. Just an idea- mike

20210127_141341.jpg

Freqman1, Mikeob, and bikejunk:

Thank you for your replies! Well, I guess I am not alone in the struggle to complete these treasures.

bikejunk, that is a beautiful bike!

Joe
Yes parts were taken off this bike to be used on a man's Sterling by the guy I bought it from - years ago women's bikes were just parts bikes

Back