When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reputable wheel builder?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

digger

Look Ma, No Hands!
Could someone recommend a wheel builder that actually knows how to build a wheel correctly (professional, someone that has built more than a few, like maybe 100's of wheels)? I would prefer responses from people who have actually had someone build them a wheel and were happy with the results. I need this hub
DISC-Freewheel-Rear-Hub-36-Hole-Bolt-On-36X116-Black-Lock-nut-to-Lock-nut-e1477850729246-100x100.jpg

laced to a Raleigh 27.5

rim for a motorized bike build. Thank you.

And what is the average cost for building a wheel if we provide the wheel and hub, you provide spokes and labor?

BART

I attended united bicycle institute in Ashland Or. in the 80's and have been building wheels ever since. I'm the head mechanic and service manager at Hutch's Bikes ( part of Oregon Bicycle Sports) in Springfield Or.

I charge $45. LABOR for wheel builds and I have built 100's over the years...

spokes run $1.00 and up depending on spokes. Straight gauge are cheapest. Double butted are better and stronger.
Check out Sapim spokes. They have a wide range to choose from.

I attended united bicycle institute in Ashland Or. in the 80's and have been building wheels ever since. I'm the head mechanic and service manager at Hutch's Bikes ( part of Oregon Bicycle Sports) in Springfield Or.

I charge $45. LABOR for wheel builds and I have built 100's over the years...

spokes run $1.00 and up depending on spokes. Straight gauge are cheapest. Double butted are better and stronger.
Check out Sapim spokes. They have a wide range to choose from.

Ray Spangler has a Whizzer shirt with your name on it at the Sept 2,1 Union, IL picnic, free to you.

Back