When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reputable wheel builder?

-

digger

Look Ma, No Hands!
Could someone recommend a wheel builder that actually knows how to build a wheel correctly (professional, someone that has built more than a few, like maybe 100's of wheels)? I would prefer responses from people who have actually had someone build them a wheel and were happy with the results. I need this hub
DISC-Freewheel-Rear-Hub-36-Hole-Bolt-On-36X116-Black-Lock-nut-to-Lock-nut-e1477850729246-100x100.jpg

laced to a Raleigh 27.5

rim for a motorized bike build. Thank you.

And what is the average cost for building a wheel if we provide the wheel and hub, you provide spokes and labor?

BART

I attended united bicycle institute in Ashland Or. in the 80's and have been building wheels ever since. I'm the head mechanic and service manager at Hutch's Bikes ( part of Oregon Bicycle Sports) in Springfield Or.

I charge $45. LABOR for wheel builds and I have built 100's over the years...

spokes run $1.00 and up depending on spokes. Straight gauge are cheapest. Double butted are better and stronger.
Check out Sapim spokes. They have a wide range to choose from.

I attended united bicycle institute in Ashland Or. in the 80's and have been building wheels ever since. I'm the head mechanic and service manager at Hutch's Bikes ( part of Oregon Bicycle Sports) in Springfield Or.

I charge $45. LABOR for wheel builds and I have built 100's over the years...

spokes run $1.00 and up depending on spokes. Straight gauge are cheapest. Double butted are better and stronger.
Check out Sapim spokes. They have a wide range to choose from.

Ray Spangler has a Whizzer shirt with your name on it at the Sept 2,1 Union, IL picnic, free to you.

Back