When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Request for help to id barn find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dobie

Look Ma, No Hands!
I picked up a couple of bikes today, in a Nova Scotia barn.. one is a 1925 CCM ladies and I don't know what the other is..see pix here http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/dobie45/US MADE UNKNOWN/ ...I presume it to be US built, late 90s, it has distinctive seat and chain stays and has remnants of plating (nickel??) all over. There is no headbadge and there are holes on the sides of the head tube, Troxel saddle. Any assistance is appreciated. Cheers, Wayne....... [email protected]

That is a westfield chainring isn't it?
So maybe a Columbia or something?
But then again, I don't know if they used a wraparound badge either...

Thanks for the help....I took a closer look today and noticed that the bend in the forks looks like the Crescents, but it only has one post welded to the fork/stay from the BB and the seat post and the paint detail of the forks is similar to Crescents

The old Columbia badges did wrap around the head tube and the screw holes look to be in the right spot. However the headbadge is the key in dating your bike, that is where the model number is located.
SH105413-1.jpg

crescent looks plausable.

looking at MR. Columbia's website and around the web i didnt see any frames by pope/columbia that looked like yours.
however Crescent frames look very similar. i will keep looking. i love these mysteries!

Add'l info - patent date deciphered - nov 18, 1888

Finally got around to checking this bike over. I cleaned the BB housing and enhanced the digits; imprinted is "PAT'D NOV181888" or "NOV101888", I believe the former rather than the latter. I have attempted to look it up online in the US patent registry available to the public, but the records available are not complete. Could any of you folks who have access to the patent registry records assist? As well, I added pix of 2 similiar bikes from ebay without headbadges and one from internet with a headbadge that reads US Model 8. The 2 on ebay have serial #s stamped under the BB whereas mine has the patent date. See additions to my sub album http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/dobie45/US MADE UNKNOWN/ . I would like to try to determine what this old fella is. As always, your assistance is appreciated. I'll also post on the Wheelmen. Cheers, Wayne

Back