When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rescued this survivor from western NY state. Anyone recognize the maker/model?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

wspeid

Finally riding a big boys bike
Rescued from western NY. Anyone know the maker/model?

I picked this up at a tiny estate sale.

28" wheels, New Departure C rear hub, 1 pliable Allstate Crusader tire on back. Wood block pedals and racer bars. Single tube on front. Came with a pump and beautiful long spring seat

No head badge (there are 2 holes) or markings under the crank.

Any guesses as to the maker and year?

IMG_5727.JPG
IMG_5728.JPG
IMG_5729.JPG
IMG_5730.JPG
IMG_5732.JPG
IMG_5733.JPG
IMG_5734.JPG
IMG_5724.JPG

Thanks!

Last edited:
Cool bike. Very nice saddle.

New Departure Model C hub is generally accepted to be 1928 to 1933 (with a possible few late 1927s out there) and the rest of the bike certainly could fit that time frame. The wood block pedals might be a little later.

Pope Chainring

Thats a Pope Chainring circa 1922. Looks like a Roadster. Not racing bars, just turned upside down.

5.jpg

May have been Pope badged or possibly another Pope brand but not Columbia or Westfield.

Found it in a suburb of Rochester.

Btw, the guys at Pedaller's Bike Shop in Rochester packed a professional and absolutely meticulous shipping box to break this down and transport it to me. Great service for anyone in the area.

Again, another nice TOC find Bill.

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Thats a Pope Chainring circa 1922. Looks like a Roadster. Not racing bars, just turned upside down.

May have been Pope badged or possibly another Pope brand but not Columbia or Westfield.

Dang you guys are good!

JimK

Nice find...
If it is a Pope, and you need a nicer dbl d chainwheel, I have one with a Pope stamp on it...like yours.

Back