When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoration Complete On "his & Hers" Jc Higgins Flightliners

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tedilores

On Training Wheels
I just finished restoring two Flightliner bikes and thought I would share the story behind this project. I received a boys Flightliner bike as a Christmas present back in the early 60s and it was my pride and joy. This bike was later totaled by a mischievous cousin who I distinctly refused to let him ride it. He wrapped himself and the bike around a metal lamppost on our very steep hill (maybe he didn’t know about coaster brakes)
Fast forward to a year ago, when I looked on eBay and was astonished to find one that was in original fair condition that the owner was willing to ship. I totally restored it to “better than new” condition, costing way more than the bike will ever be worth.
I then asked my wife if she would ride a girl’s bike of that same model if I bought one and restored it – she enthusiastically said yes.
The pictures show the finished bikes. The blue paint on the girl's bike is original, but all other cosmetics are new. I equipped both with the “two-speed Bendix” hub, dual LED lights front & rear and rechargeable batteries.
We ride these bikes whenever weather permits here in the Pacific Northwest and never get tired of the looks we get.

P1060667.JPG

Back