When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoration Help for late 1940's Huffman/Hawthorne

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
T

twillard

I'm new to this site but thought I would see if anyone could give me some assistance with my restoration project. My bike ID is a little confusing. I was told that it is a Huffman, sold as a Hawthorne for Montgomery Ward in the late 1940's era. I'm trying to research for a new paint job and any similar pictures or references would be a great help. Thanks.

You can see pictures at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/91501564@N00/sets/72157600214943463/

set-72157600214943463

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, it is definitely a late '40s Huffy bike made aparently for Montgomery Wards. after the war Huffy was one of the first people to put out bikes since they were one of the two companies allowed to make bikes during the war. kinda cool to see a Hawthorne one though. for more info try the Elgin, Higgins, Hawthorne book by John Polizzi. also he has an Huffman book.
Scott:cool:

Thanks for the information. Any help is really appreciated. Also, I haven't been able to find the recommended book, any ideas on where to purchase a copy?

Tom

Back