When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoration services. Sandblasting, Painting and Welding.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
No pics, No Thanks

No one wants to risk their rare, or very expensive bike on an unknown restorer. If you post examples of your work, and their good then people will send you the business.

Why would you NOT be willing to show your work? No one is pissing in cheerios, thats just being smart

I try not to reply to "Ballbusters and people that have nothing better to do than sit around and piss in peoples cheerios. If you are interested in having work performed and have the Money available to pay for the work to be done please contact me and I will send you pictures of my work. I have built MANY street rods that appeared in 3 magazines, Built a street rod that was used for a cover car for back to the bricks in Flint ,MI. done many antique and rare items that are shown in local and out of state museums. Thank You.

I try not to reply to "Ballbusters and people that have nothing better to do than sit around and piss in peoples cheerios. If you are interested in having work performed and have the Money available to pay for the work to be done please contact me and I will send you pictures of my work. I have built MANY street rods that appeared in 3 magazines, Built a street rod that was used for a cover car for back to the bricks in Flint ,MI. done many antique and rare items that are shown in local and out of state museums. Thank You.

I consider my bicycle restoration professional. However, that doesn't mean I could paint a car or restore a coke machine. I specialize in bicycles specifically. I'm not saying someone can't be gifted enough to restore all types of antiques, but like Shawn mentioned, jack of all trades master of none can lead to mediocre restorations. Your references above are apples to oranges. I think people just want to see pictures of your work in order to make an informed decision. For example, I have many examples of my work on my website. Maybe you can set something up in a similar fashion so people can see your work.

Well I've sent two emails now asking for pictures as per your specifications in lieu of posting examples here. All I got was silence in return. No pictures and no reply to my email whatsoever. You make a post asking for business, berate anyone who addresses you in the forums and completely fail to follow through with someone who made the attempt to contact you as you specified.

If that isn't a red flag I don't know what is. As I stated much earlier in this thread there should just be a sticky for the established restorers who are not afraid to post examples of their work.Restoring a bicycle correctly can take as many hours researching as actually working on the bike. V/r Shawn

Shawn, I wish you were a moderator/admin :) You could take care of nonsense like this.

Darcie

Thanks Darcie but the mods here have a thankless job and do a pretty good job of policing stuff up. This is one of those that takes care of itself. I can't see much business being generated if you fail to respond to requests or provide examples (bicycles) of your work. V/r Shawn

I've always said there are 4 kinds of people to do business with...

- people known to do great work and be great to work with
- people known to do great work but who are miserable to deal with
- people whose work isn't proven to be the greatest but they're super nice and will go the extra mile for you.
- people whose work isn't proven and who are miserable to deal with

I avoid category 4 at all cost, especially if it means sending them a possession I value.

Back