When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restore my Huffy Radio Bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The light is common, the lens is hard to find, correct?
That light is not common , unlike the common locktop light , these have a removable reflector that allows you to install the long lens . The regular locktop that has the same body but a standard torpedo light lens doesn’t have the removable reflector and unless you drill out the rivet that holds the reflector to the battery tray you’ll never be able to install the long lens, if you can find one

Last edited:
I don’t think the light on eBay is the correct light. That looks like a delta jet with the top bracket missing. I don’t think they were ever white on a radio bike either. He doesn’t show a good picture of the top.

Last edited:
I don’t think the light on eBay is the correct light. That looks like a delta jet with the top bracket missing. I don’t think they were ever white on a radio bike either. He doesn’t show a good picture of the top.
It’s correct , the Jet Rocket doesn’t say “DELTA” in Script Across the front part of top, that area is where the little airplane is, it says DELTA across further back and JET ROCKET length wise towards the back part of the top cover . I’ve seen white ones on radio bikes before but I don’t know why someone drilled 3 holes , one with a screw in it , on the top

CCD25E92-D483-484F-B1F4-BCF7BE7F9646.jpeg

Last edited:
Sold. Send me your PPFF address
Awesome !!!!! So happy you found the correct light for a good price. Now please don’t restore the bike except for the radio , either leave all the patina and just service or clean all the chrome and gently clean the paint. Those candy colors don’t have a clear coat so even waxing will remove more of the very thin paint that’s left, I recommend you buy a can of Scott’s Liquid Gold furniture polish and just spray the painted parts and leave it to dry . As for the chrome parts a solution of 10% molasses to water and let the parts soak for 1-2 weeks and all the rust will be gone guaranteed !! Don’t use steel wool or a wire brush.
Good luck, have fun , it’s a great bike

Back