When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restore or Rat?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If you are going to modify, here's what I would do...first get original rim for rear. Replace the seat and bars with period correct Schwinn banana seat and ape hangers. Be a cool period correct custom and great to ride. Those banana seats and bars let you stretch out a bit. Keep all original parts, of course, and you could put back to stock in ten minutes if you wanted.

Good news on the rim, it is in fact stamped SCHWINN I misread it in the sun, I like the idea of the Stingray set-up, the white grips could still be used and a white seat would be cool. Will these rims fit 24X2.125 tires? I have the wider tires on my other 26" Schwinn,s and I love the cushy ride they give.

Good news on the rim, it is in fact stamped SCHWINN I misread it in the sun, I like the idea of the Stingray set-up, the white grips could still be used and a white seat would be cool. Will these rims fit 24X2.125 tires? I have the wider tires on my other 26" Schwinn,s and I love the cushy ride they give.
From experience you can clear 2.125 tires but the fenders usually never play nice. Guess trade off which ever way you intend use of it; rainy weather or jus' good weather trips

There's the problem with 2.125 tires and s7 rims. Other than that, leave it og. It looks good as is.

I'll probably just do new stock white walls, and have a set of high rise bars to ride it with. It is too original to mess much with, still has the 100% American Made sticker on the front fender. I do however need a rear reflector.

Back