When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold RESTORED 1941 SCHWINN 'HENDERSON' SUPER DELUXE AUTOCYCLE F/S

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Resurrection/restoration of an Indiana Craigslist 'barn find' Henderson-badged last year Super Deluxe
Schwinn Autocycle. I decided to bring this one back to original color, badge etc ...tough decision as
by 1941 a myriad of nice two-tone combinations were offered but black and ivory is always pretty
classy on these bikes.

Details: Full restoration of the bike shown in the last few pix. Automotive single stage paint,
and all the chrome, nickel, and cadmium plating was done as factory prescribed. Front and rear
"pat pending" Schwinn expander brakes were fully disassembled and replated and the free wheel
was removed and reinstalled and serviced after chrome work was done. Lobdell 41 wheels with
Torrington double butted spokes and the long nipples.
B-1 'deep' profile deluxe Mesinger leather saddle. Prewar deluxe rear reflector... original fender bomb
ornament that was on the the bicycle when found, original Super Deluxe 1 year only tank.
Mint restored Torrington 10 pedals with original NOS (not repro) blocks, Schwinn key in the
locking spring fork. Mint Diamond chain and beautiful original Seiss lights that were not rechromed
and look just great. The crossbar console is original, straps were rechromed, but inserts are nice
enough originals that I left as-is. Bar has not been polished and looks great, has one of Georges
illumination clips installed. One button is original EA the other is a reproduction I believe from Jerry W
long ago. Head was completely restored by Tim Brandt and looks as good or better than new
with correct black number wheels and illumination notch/window specific for Schwinn Clipper Autocycle.
NOS Never ridden G-3 holy grail white wall tires that look perfect! Gorgeous bike and I believe
the rarest of the Schwinn prewar Deluxe Autocycles....Not many of these known in existence.
As most of you on here know...the greatest bicycles in the world were produced here in the US
from 34' - 41'.... investment quality and

11,000.00 shipped anywhere large freight lower 48 states. A lot of time and expense to build a bike like this.
As found many of the components were missing, they were added and are as described as original
aside from one of the bar buttons. Originally most 41's had Delta buttons but these are practically
non existent. I may have one here I would swap for an EA if the buyer prefers.

11,000.00 and consider partial trades + cash for other bikes balloon era 30s-50s.

[email protected]
or msg here

More pix on request

View attachment 768998 View attachment 768999 View attachment 769000 View attachment 769001 View attachment 769002 View attachment 769003 View attachment 769005 View attachment 769006 View attachment 769008 View attachment 769009 View attachment 769010 View attachment 769011 View attachment 769012 View attachment 769013 View attachment 769014 View attachment 769015

View attachment 769004

View attachment 769007
KILLER BIKE Bobby!!!

Fantastic restoration. very classy w/ the black and ivory colors, great job Bob!

Last edited:
Back