When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored 1969 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$275
Zipcode

kevin525

Look Ma, No Hands!
Recently restored 1969 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed bicycle. Similar to a 3 speed with one lever on the right. The lever on the left adds two more cruising speeds. 5 speed hub was completely disassembled, cleaned, lubricated and adjusted. Bottom bracket and chain were cleaned, re-greased and adjusted. Bike has brand new rim liners, tubes and tires, brake pads and hand grips. The B72 Brooks seat is original with saddle bag added. This rare bike is ready for another 50 years of cruising.

First $275 takes it. Cash only. Free delivery within 25 miles of 02864.

Sprint.jpg

Shifters.jpg

seat.jpg

back.jpg

hub.jpg

shifters 2.jpg

other side.jpg

hub 2.jpg

chain guard.jpg

front brakes.jpg

Recently restored 1969 Raleigh Sprite 5 Speed bicycle. Similar to a 3 speed with one lever on the right. The lever on the left adds two more cruising speeds. 5 speed hub was completely disassembled, cleaned, lubricated and adjusted. Bottom bracket and chain were cleaned, re-greased and adjusted. Bike has brand new rim liners, tubes and tires, brake pads and hand grips. The B72 Brooks seat is original with saddle bag added. This rare bike is ready for another 50 years of cruising.

First $275 takes it. Cash only. Free delivery within 25 miles of 02864.

View attachment 1321563

View attachment 1321564

View attachment 1321565

View attachment 1321566

View attachment 1321567

View attachment 1321568

View attachment 1321569

View attachment 1321570

View attachment 1321571

View attachment 1321572
Amazing low price for quality. GLWTS!!

Thanks. My Covid hobby. I've been rescuing English 3 speeds and selling them on. Since March I have sold 11.
Right on!! A respectable rescue mission. Many Canadians grew up with CCM and Raleigh bicycles well into the 70's. Somewhat boring compared to exotic American balloon tire themes like rockets and streamlined wonders. We had some nice ones though. Raleigh Choppers and CCM Mustangs etc. in the late 60's-70's. Read this thread if you wish:

Last edited:
Amazing low price for quality. GLWTS!!
It's tough to price these. I see old Raleighs on eBay for $500-700 all the time, yet I just bought a 1969 Raleigh Superbe for $80 from a guy in Massachusetts. These old bikes are precious to us but for most people they're just cool old bikes and the people I sell to aren't paying much more than a couple hundred bucks. Most people don't know a Raleigh from a Schwinn from a Columbia. They like the retro look but aren't going to pay a lot. I'd rather see the bike go to someone who will keep it going.

Back