When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored 20 years ago Bluebird OC CL

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Maybe I just don't know enough about the high dollar bike market, but "Light in horn not working but can be hooked up"?

Gee, If I was trying to sell a bike for 18,000 large I would at least "hook up the light in horn".

Reminds me of the craigs list ads I see frequently like; just needs air in the tires, or needs a $2 part to fix, easy fix, etc.

For that price, I'd want to see an original fender ornament, the correct triple-step rims with the correct, plain ND hubs, the seat recovered, some vintage whitewalls, the correct pencil stand, original grips (or at least original grip rings) and confirmation that all the rare bits (buttons, headlight lens, eyebrow trim, horn, etc) are original and not reproductions.

In its current configuration, my guess is it would struggle to sell for $9-11K if offered on ebay with no reserve and $9.99 opening bid.

Good luck to the seller though, if this bike sells for $18K, I'm over the moon about the possible value of my bike!

For that price, I'd want to see an original fender ornament, the correct triple-step rims with the correct, plain ND hubs, the seat recovered, some vintage whitewalls, the correct pencil stand, original grips (or at least original grip rings) and confirmation that all the rare bits (buttons, headlight lens, eyebrow trim, horn, etc) are original and not reproductions.

In its current configuration, my guess is it would struggle to sell for $9-11K if offered on ebay with no reserve and $9.99 opening bid.

Good luck to the seller though, if this bike sells for $18K, I'm over the moon about the possible value of my bike!
I'm not sure that paint is 35 years old.

If it were my bike to sell I'd rather start high and negotiate down rather than
have it sell in 5 min because I priced it too cheap. Much harder to go up in price.
We all want to get as much as possible for our stuff, At least I do!

Definitely! Agreed 100%... but if it were my bike;, before putting a cat-ass high price on it like that I'm sure to offer the best for that money as I possibly can.... I'd get some proper whitewalls on there, even if they're postwar Allstates, fix that seat, and get horn/lights working, and make sure as many parts are orig./correct as possible... get it as pristine as possible, then hold my head up high and ask the moon, nothing to apologize for. To get top money, you need top product. Just sayin'.

To get top money, you need top product

This holds true in Baseball, Comics and other
hobbies.
The better condition the better results.
Here you have a valuable bicycle.
To offer such price in this condition
is not reasonsble.
Do as Balloonatic suggested.

Like the Aerocycle only so many were made and just a few exist which make them rare and valuable.
I prefer Sears "Zepellin" which made the bluebird.

I could never (and still can't) understand all the hype behind these "Bluebirds"..............................Pete in Fitchburg

There is no "hype" behind the Elgin Bluebird to understand... anymore than there is hype behind the popularity of the Porsche 356, or Ferrari 250 GTO, or any other desirable, valuable, vintage machine. When (some) people see the Elgin Bluebird, it elicits a visceral reaction... at least it does for me. It's so stunningly beautiful, so unusual, and so over the top in design, especially for the times in which it debuted, I simply wanted it the moment I first laid eyes on one. That same scenario has played out for countless collectors for years... that's not hype, my friend, that's instant devotion to a thing of beauty. This thing has ceased being an object of usefulness, and has become art.... art you can ride! Even if you don't appreciate the innovative, sultry art deco design of the Bluebird, it's chocked full of technical advances not seen on other bikes in 1935, or since. There are many reasons why the Bluebird is so coveted, sought after, and the #1 bike to get at the top of many collector's lists.... the least of which is hype. Not everyone understands or likes Picasso's paintings, but that's the nature of art, you don't have to understand it or like it - just don't be confounded why so many others do.

The hype I don't understand is why people want to look at, or are interested in a single thing Kim Kardashian, or her family does. Now THAT is hype... no substance, no artistry, just pure hype.

Last edited:
Back