When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored and Customized 1965 Sears Spaceliner Deluxe

-
Before and after.

be3a39c2d5f44a9a187aee23dc3929ef.jpg

Not being insulting to the builder or argumentive to the responses, but where is the huge difference between the before and after photos?
He cleaned it up, nicely I would say. Regreased everything and reassembled it. Also installed new tires. So far no different than most of us would do.

Now for the changes.

A new white seat. New red streamer grips. New red pedals. All of which are period correct for the era that bike was built in. Oh and new tires. Slightly oversized, but that coming from a guy who respoked wider wheels and installed them with 26×2.125 tires on a Huffy Daisy Daisy Tandem. With stock fenders no less. I still have the bike although it was never restored. Only built it to ride!

I fail to see the big deal, other than the price. Yeah, that seems high, especially for a girl's bike but if he can sell it for that price he gets 3 Paws Up!

😺👍😺👍😺👍

So everyone, loosen up your corsets and have a drink on you! If you hate this, you will definitely hate my 1962 Schwinn Typhoon Pig Bike Build thread posted here and on Rat Rod Bikes!
Not everyone likes the same thing, otherwise this world would be a boring place to live.
✌and 💘
Rob

Last edited:
The question is did he sell it?
That is a good question. I would've probably let everyone know I sold it for my asking price if it did sell. Or never come back if I were offended.
Looking back it is an old thread. But that doesn't make the subject any less relevant today than it was in 2018.

Back