When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored and Road Ready- Just Completed My 1917-18 Ward's Deluxe Flyer Project- Before and After Photos

-
Congrats on getting that one over the finish line.
Most guys would’ve given up on that seized bottom bracket.
I remember the fits you were going through on that one.
At that time, I would’ve never imagined that you’d end up, with the bicycle you have now.
I’m sure, if that bike could talk, it would say thanks, for the oil and paint.
It sure is fun to take that first ride on something that obviously looks like it hadn’t been ridden in decades.
Well done!
Thank you! My sentiments exactly; I did feel privileged knowing that when I rode it for the first time, I was without a doubt the first person to do that probably since Eisenhower was president or earlier.

Well done! Beautiful looking bike. That rack is killer too.
Thank you, it took a long time to find one of those that was affordable. The restoration was probably 65% finished before I found that one for sale here on the CABE. I had a still awesome, but more generic one I was going to use otherwise, that you can see in the before pictures, so I've now saved it for a future project.

Amazing! Looks fantastic! When are you going to bring it on one of our rides?
Thank You! And, I'll tell you, I often take notice when I see yall are having a ride when you post it here on the cabe, and I enjoy seeing the pictures. I've thought about attending, but its just that I put so many miles at home around town on these old bikes, including this newest one now, that I just don't have as much motivation to attend; plus its a little hard for me to transport a bike on the rack. Even since making this post, I have put 6 or 7 miles on 'er so far. But I do always attend the show in Concord, that is what I call one of the "key, must not miss" events of the year! I might even bring this bike to that show if we have one next spring. I sure was bummed when it was cancelled this year, but the Carolina Pickers event made up for it some.

Very nice motobike resto! You may be aware the crankset is Emblem-made and most likely not original to the bike. Cranksets/pedals were almost always typically changed out on bikes this old as well as seats, bars and wheels. A more likely crankset would have been a one-piece bayonette snowflake variety as seen in the various ads. Wonderful that you had so much time and love available to bring it to what it is today and rideable!...

Last edited:
Back