When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored Prewar Torrington Swan Deluxe Art Deco Handlebar Stem

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Squiggle Dog

Finally riding a big boys bike
This is an extremely nice Torrington Swan Deluxe art deco handlebar stem. This type of stem is most commonly found on prewar Rollfasts, Elgins, and Hawthornes. I think they used this style until up to about 1950. This one came off of a restored bicycle that someone was parting out last year. It has been replated. The chrome is nice and bright, but not perfect. There are some pinholes in the chrome that you can't see unless you look very closely. There is a scratch up by the clamp bolt from a socket. This stem is nice enough that it would look good on a restored bike. I bought it for my Hawthorne but then I found a stem that has a more closely matching patina to the condition of the bike. I could also use some extra cash right now.

I speak from experience when I say that these are hard to find in decent condition--they used poor quality chrome from the factory and most of it flaked off, which makes them get extremely rusty and pitted. The casting is pretty nice--on a lot of these stems the engraving isn't very deep or has been polished away.

Asking $100 shipped in 48 states.
IMAG0711.jpg

IMAG0712.jpg

IMAG0713.jpg

IMAG0714.jpg

IMAG0715.jpg

IMAG0716.jpg

IMAG0717.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Back