When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored Shelby Eagle Motorbike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dave the wave

I live for the CABE
another bike for my collection Restored by Brad Lundahl Chaska,Minn.enjoy.

004.JPG

003.JPG

002.JPG

001.JPG

the decal is a mylar copy.i see you have the rare fenders on yours.you could restore it or make a rider out of it.the rack on the back is just a add on,but they did come with a rack like that.thank you i think the restore job turned out well.

Thanks for the reply, I have mainly been into 50’s bikes and this is my first one this old and I am trying to learn more about them, do you know why they made the long and short front fenders? What year is your bike? I noticed it has a different badge, thanks

the long front fender like on yours only came on the shelby brand bicycles.the year of our bikes were made from 1933-36 ? mine was sold by Gambles Stores and yours was i think Shelby brand bicycle shop or a hardware store.here is a 1933 western auto stores catalog ad.

1933 western auto cat page.jpg

Mine also has Gambles Stores in the lower part of the badge just under where it says eagle, Cool ad by the way, I always like seeing the old ads for bikes, my fenders are either stainless or chrome that someone painted silver at some point, I would probably rather have painted ones but if I can straighten, remove paint and polish them they may look pretty good, is it the original rack on yours and were the truss rods and rims originally painted? Sorry to ask so many questions it’s just your bike is really close to what I am wanting to do with this one. Thanks again for the information

the rack is period correct and they made these racks into the 1940's and the truss rods would be painted.this paint job was done with a painters gun.you could also go by way of spray can and then rub it down to get a good shine.your bike would be color or colbalt blue and white ? take off the fork and you will get a better idea of what color the bike was.

I have been looking for a rack but can’t seem to find one at a decent price but I will eventually, but I can’t seem to find any pictures of original bikes to know exactly how they came when they were new. Do you know anyone that has any original type of parts for these bikes? Thanks

tank.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-NO...-BOX-TANK-GOOD/254184344885?campid=5335809022 rack.......https://www.ebay.com/itm/Prewar-Bicycle-Rack-SchwinnColumbiaMonarkElgin/333938233760?hash=item4dc04511a0:g:rZ4AAOSwVexgYQtf battery can.....https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delta-Battery-Can-Balloon-Tire-Bicycle-Antique-bicycle-Wood-Wheel-Bicycle-can/133705020975?hash=item1f2170b62f:g:eek:DEAAOSwnvRgXVIm and i will sell you a light. and you can watch on the cabe for parts.

Last edited:
Back