When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restored Vs OG Resto's look better

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is my favorite thread. I forget what it’s about though .
Me too ? - something about rust or paint ? Or was it crust ?

FBF82A30-AB76-409F-AC13-468DE6A153EE.jpeg

Coming soon to a dirty keyboard near you……

RUSTO vs RESTO !!!

From the makers of phoney pickers & can’t really pawn stuff

I use an iPad. Easy to clean. But point taken. In an effort to keep this thread on topic, I am a fan of restored bikes. Bob U turns out masterpieces. I love the detail .

My other hobby is restoring 1940 to 1950's Vintage Camper Trailer's. What your talking about is exactly what is happening to that hobby today also. $100/sheet for plywood. $400/gallon for quality automotive paint. $600 for quality dense seat/bed foam. $2000/for new aluminum body skin. $1000 each for 100 amp hour Lithium batteries. Without any sub'd outside labor counted, you can easily speed $20K just in material costs to rebuild a small sized vintage camper trailer at todays costs.

John
Id love to see a thread with some of these with a little background ! I recently dove into the RV world and did about a year of research on what I wanted...nothing to do with restored vintage RVs but I can really appreciate a cool old RV !

Id love to see a thread with some of these with a little background ! I recently dove into the RV world and did about a year of research on what I wanted...nothing to do with restored vintage RVs but I can really appreciate a cool old RV !
The line is a fine one between OG., restored original, resto mod, and straight up new reproduction. In my mind what it all comes down to is "the quality of the work". A poorly restored OG. is not any better than a "top flight" reproduction in the vintage trailer hobby. Just like in bicycles, there's lots of junk available.

If you want to look at some of my work, my son did a You Tube video of a small camper trailer we built together. it's filed under FATHER AND SON BUILD VINTAGE BUT NEW ALJO TRAILER. (Or something very close to that). We used some NOS original parts like lights and restored windows, and the rest is all new built to match the old 1957 style. The frame is our design and fabrication, but uses a 1957 coupler which had the VIN# so it's registered as a 1957 model year trailer. This trailer gets towed into Baja Mexico on a regular basis and camped on the beaches. Most of my trailers are the 25' to 30' riveted skin aircraft style trailers from Spartan Aircraft.

Just like vintage bicycles, it's just another way to spend time and money.

John

Back