When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoring 1950 Black Phantom,

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I had
Are you familiar with the Duncan yoyo Phantom? I hope somebody reading this is. I don’t believe it had whitewalls.
Ha!! I stand corrected. After almost 40 years in the hobby, I don't remember what I see. That's what getting old is all about!! I had that Schwinn original ad in my man cave bathroom for years, and yes, total blackwalls. Obviously came with either. Personally, I run clay's ( John's repops if I recall?) on my Red Phantom ( see pic), but that's my choice. I took a few pics of some original literature I have, and sure'enuff, they are pictured with both w/w and b/w. I included a couple of Panther pics too. Life is a learning curve. Too bad mine is curving downward LMAO........

IMG_4261.JPG

IMG_4258.JPG

IMG_4259.JPG

IMG_4260.JPG

IMG_4262.JPG

IMG_4263.JPG

IMG_4264.JPG

IMG_4265.JPG

IMG_4266.JPG

IMG_0467.JPG

RED 4.JPG

Are you familiar with the Duncan yoyo Phantom? I hope somebody reading this is. I don’t believe it had whitewalls

Are you familiar with the Duncan yoyo Phantom? I hope somebody reading this is. I don’t believe it had whitewalls.
I believe the Wong bike was a '50 model and think it was for a time n '51 that black walls were used. The U.S. Royal Masters on this bike are correct. V/r Shawn

No big deal, I’m also a Deetroit made mini bike guy, been playing with and horse trading them for decades. A few guys around here have theirs since new in the 60’s, so they consider themselves experts, as do I. Problem is, every now and then somebody else pops up with their “original” mini from childhood in a different color, wheels etc and tosses the conventional wisdom out the window. This stuff was made to sell, distributors, dealers had lots of leeway in doing so.

No big deal, I’m also a Deetroit made mini bike guy, been playing with and horse trading them for decades. A few guys around here have theirs since new in the 60’s, so they consider themselves experts, as do I. Problem is, every now and then somebody else pops up with their “original” mini from childhood in a different color, wheels etc and tosses the conventional wisdom out the window. This stuff was made to sell, distributors, dealers had lots of leeway in doing so.
Right on!

As long as the owner knows it's original and anyone who knows Phantom's can tell original parts from aftermarket I would make it as clean as possible without damaging any finishes. Ever go to a car show and nothing there but dirty original cars, probably not.
I agree, clean it as good as possible, someone will find fault no matter what you do. Stop the oxidation, clean, wax and ride it.

Back