When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoring 1950 Black Phantom,

-
In the what dealers did to make a sale, my buddy bought a 69 Dodge Charger new and only to find out many years later it was a Daytona the dealer took the wing and nose off because it wasn't selling. When he found out he went back to the dealer and bought the take-offs. He still has the car, it even made the cover of a Mopar magazine.

20220122_142844.jpg

20220122_143033.jpg

In the what dealers did to make a sale, my buddy bought a 69 Dodge Charger new and only to find out many years later it was a Daytona the dealer took the wing and nose off because it wasn't selling. When he found out he went back to the dealer and bought the take-offs. He still has the car, it even made the cover of a Mopar magazine.
but the big question is did it have whitewalls?

Are you familiar with the Duncan yoyo Phantom? I hope somebody reading this is. I don’t believe it had whitewalls.
I remembered his name. John Cellini from NJ. On "that other sight" his user name was 69RS/SS. I remember a post where he found 23 Krates in the box at one time.

View attachment 1553861

View attachment 1553862
They would have had to do a ton more than just the nose and tail. The roofline/rear deck and rear window are not interchangeable without some major body work.

They did none of that, pulled the wing and nose and sold it as a 69 Charger period.

When those came out the local dealer here had two on the lot. When I saw those I thought they were the ugliest thing I've ever seen, and they sat on the lot for quite a while. They did draw a lot of attention though! And then the dealer sold a bunch of stripped down Road Runners.

I remembered his name. John Cellini from NJ. On "that other sight" his user name was 69RS/SS. I remember a post where he found 23 Krates in the box at one time.
Yes! Now I remember his name from the old Schwinn Forums. I think He frequently traveled the country following leads. Wished I had the freedom to do it back then.

Last edited:
Back