When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resurrecting an Autocycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

falconer

Finally riding a big boys bike
So a few months ago I picked up this bike. When i got it most of the maroon paint was redone years ago in red. I am notorious for starting a project without taking before pics so thats the story. I have hours of time wet sanding the red paint off. Even the fender pinstripes were red. The ENTIRE front fender was red. Some still remains. The wheels were painted silver. I did the best i could to not damage original paint. Picked up a chainguard at ML. So i have some questions: What year, D serial number. Tank paint is bad but was WAY worse. It has tapped brackets. Is the front wheel correct or replaced back in the day? It has blackout hub. Would it have Schwinn tank decal or Autocycle? I am almost ready to assemble it. Have all the spring fork parts too. Let me know all thoughts. Thanks

DSCF9683.JPG

DSCF9684.JPG

DSCF9685.JPG

DSCF9686.JPG

DSCF9687.JPG

DSCF9688.JPG

Looks like a lot of work stripping off all that over paint. 😱 The serial is 1940 and it seems odd the front hub is blacked out. Maybe just painted by someone but the original finish suggests it's a war time hub.

So a few months ago I picked up this bike. When i got it most of the maroon paint was redone years ago in red. I am notorious for starting a project without taking before pics so thats the story. I have hours of time wet sanding the red paint off. Even the fender pinstripes were red. The ENTIRE front fender was red. Some still remains. The wheels were painted silver. I did the best i could to not damage original paint. Picked up a chainguard at ML. So i have some questions: What year, D serial number. Tank paint is bad but was WAY worse. It has tapped brackets. Is the front wheel correct or replaced back in the day? It has blackout hub. Would it have Schwinn tank decal or Autocycle? I am almost ready to assemble it. Have all the spring fork parts too. Let me know all thoughts. Thanks

View attachment 1517057

View attachment 1517058

View attachment 1517059

View attachment 1517060

View attachment 1517061

View attachment 1517062
Looks like some one painted the front hub.. Is the rear coaster black also? Nice bike.. RideOn.. Razin..

Back