When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Resurrection vs. Restoration

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Mike, I didn't realize your wingbar is a Wards Silver Streak? Cool!

@ratrodz the innie & outie dimple thing is very interesting! I assumed the bar was cast; it's confounding to me they would change the wing detail, wouldn't that mean they had to change the mold? I can't imagine they would go through all that trouble for such a small detail? Maybe the bikes were produced at more than one location, and each had a different mold? Then again, maybe they were cast smooth and the dimpling was applied after? That couldn't have been very cost effective though, it seems to me the dimpling in the wings was cast in, not applied later... ?

Mike, I didn't realize your wingbar is a Wards Silver Streak? Cool!

@ratrodz the innie & outie dimple thing is very interesting! I assumed the bar was cast; it's confounding to me they would change the wing detail, wouldn't that mean they had to change the mold? I can't imagine they would go through all that trouble for such a small detail? Maybe the bikes were produced at more than one location, and each had a different mold? Then again, maybe they were cast smooth and the dimpling was applied after? That couldn't have been very cost effective though, it seems to me the dimpling in the wings was cast in, not applied later... ?

@Balloonatic I have a few thoughts about it... but, again I'll start a thread on the top. I don't want to clog up this beautiful build thread!

I'm feeling a lot better about my choice to forego the insanity of ultra-sheen

I'm LOVING that finish Mike... you're right, polishing to liquid mercury shine is neat and turns heads, but this lower sheen, edging toward brushed almost, is so appealing. Too shiny might distract from that killer, wingbar frame, this way it's evident right away that it's aluminum... you won't be hearing "is that chrome??". I think it's much closer to the finish the SKs came from factory with too... and it won't require nearly as much maintenance to keep looking like quicksilver.

Love the ibe wood truing blocks too... take note young bucks.. this is old school craftsmanship.

Back