When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Retro brighting schwinn white grips

-

Notagamerguy

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hello i just want to share my findings with you guys.These grips came of a 57 phantom im working one. I soak these grips in oxi clean, scrubbed them. Then i put them in a jar with hydrogen peroxide with uv lights for 20 hours. This was my first try with this and the grips look almost new. Ive seen this done on plastic befor but never rubber and it works great.

IMG_20210321_113040_880.jpg

IMG_20210321_113040_934.jpg

IMG_20210321_113040_968.jpg

IMG_20210321_113040_989.jpg

Im definitely going to be looking into an utra Sonic cleaner i hear good things about them.
I bought a little small 1 & it does pretty good. My dad's bigger 1 is 1 of the metal housing types & it works a lot better. I was using the generic harbor freight degreaser solution for a long time but $1+ bottle of The Works toilet cleaner works awesome on rust removal items. Same for CLR . Add the ultrasonic & it speeds up the process. I have a stainless foot spa tub I was planning to use so I could do larger degreasing & de rusting/plating in but jus' never got around to it. A Big enough heating ultrasonic to do a frame would be 100% Awesome. OA baths .... Ohhh Boy!
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of a low price. Eric is right. Get a good one. Then you’ll look around the house for stuff to clean. It’s fun

Hello i just want to share my findings with you guys.These grips came of a 57 phantom im working one. I soak these grips in oxi clean, scrubbed them. Then i put them in a jar with hydrogen peroxide with uv lights for 20 hours. This was my first try with this and the grips look almost new. Ive seen this done on plastic befor but never rubber and it works great.

View attachment 1376892

View attachment 1376893

View attachment 1376894

View attachment 1376895
What was your UV light source? Thanks for sharing.. looks great!

Dennis

Good morning Caber’s!
I’ve been using white wall tire cleaner and a scrub brush. Works excellent. Not quite as white as the uv cleaned set but darn close. Works really well on all the rubber parts even pedal blocks

Back