When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reverse paint Starlet???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rivnut

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I'm to the point of painting my wife's '58 Starlet. It was originally summer cloud white with powder blue accents. I'm thinking of painting the frame and fork the powder blue with white accents and painting the fenders white with the blue accent. Does anyone know of any bikes that have been painted like this? If so, are there pictures available. I can picture it in my mind, but I'd like to be able to show Linda before doing the actual painting.

Thanks,
Ed

I don't have or know of any bikes like that, but i can picture it in my mind and it looks great. Headlight blue also?

These aren't powder blue, but should give you a better idea of what it would look like.

Darcie

flying star.jpg
spitfire.jpg

All this time I've been deciding which way to go with this '58, and if I should go to Blue & white. I may wait for you to give it a shot first, the rims and the rest of the chrome came out nearly like new.....

Attachments

• schwinn%20005 (2).jpg
    schwinn%20005 (2).jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 114
  • schwinn%20001 (2).jpg
    schwinn%20001 (2).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 102
i gotta say,i'm diggin this thread.it's great to see the girls bikes gettin some love.lookin forward to pics when you get it done.

Here is a middle weight Hollywood I turned into a Starlet for my wife. She loves it!
hollywood 002.jpg

Tonia's Schwinn Starlet 001.jpg

Tonia's Schwinn Starlet 003.jpg

Tonia's Schwinn Starlet 004.jpg

Tonia's Schwinn Starlet 006.jpg

The picture of the Schwinn Flying Star that Darcie posted is "right on" for what I'm looking for. I think that I'll give it a go and do the reverse scheme with the powder blue and summer cloud. I don't have the chrome rims that would have been standard on that year Starlet, but I do have a nice pair of painted S2's that I'll use (like JD56 did with the pink Starlet for his niece.) Paint the frame, fork, rack, and light blue. Then paint the fenders summer cloud with blue stripes, paint the wheels the summer cloud with the blue pinstripe, two tone the tank and the chain guard, and put a nice white saddle with a crash rail on it, and a pair of blue Duro ballon tires on it.

Thanks to all for the replies, pictures, and encouragement.

When I finish that one, I'll have to think about doing something similar with the green and ivory '52 Hornet. (no green tires though, perhaps something in a brown that would complement a brown saddle and brown grips.

Ed

Ed,

The flying star in powder blue w/blue tires will look good. Like the idea of the Hornet w/brown tires to match seat/grips.

Chris

Ed, I actually used chromed heavy duty S7s
on the pink wheeled Starlet. The heavy duties were the only S7 rim that would accept the 2.125 colored tire.
Because the Starlet is a middleweight and there are no manufactured colored tires made that I could find, these rims were a good fit...tight but they fit the fender clearances.
looking forward to seeing the reverse paint scheme.

y2evuzar-1.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

starletts

if you want the,color to really take your breath away,i can recomend what i did on mine fo paint,for white you can use cotton piicker white from pete at hyper-formance[which] is what i think schwinn acually used,or have a pint of 10 code white from a 70 gsx buick,petes paint looks almost candy,tint this white with a flouesent aerosole tell you get the desired shade of your contrasting color,i did my pink one 15 yrs ago this way,if i can get this oid body energized ill move a bunch of bikes out and do some pics,i gotta shot yesterdays find anyway,if it stops raining here today

Back