When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reviving the Rolling Dead

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

deepsouth

Finally riding a big boys bike
When bike was for sale last spring I'm sure most people saw it as "The Rolling Dead" . Multiple bad paint jobs, lots of incorrect parts, and that seat......

296B1F8C-DEBE-40D1-A924-B10F48134E66.jpeg

I guess I saw it somewhat differently. I saw it as a bike that needed saving. In spite of the many flaws, I felt it could be revived. First, get rid of the awful paint. A trip to the blaster was in order. Once everything was cleaned up a coat of epoxy primer was used to seal anything that might want to come back and haunt you at a later date. Next was a coat of automotive primer. Originally, my color choice was Cobalt blue and Ivory. The more research I did on Cobalt Blue I did, the less i seemed to know. So, i opted for plan B, Red and Black reversed. I started searching to find the parts to finish it. Fortunately, lots of parts exist for these bikes. After a few months work (and some money) this is what It came to be.

DSCN5758.JPG

DSCN5760.JPG

DSCN5761.JPG

DSCN5759.JPG

DSCN5758.JPG

DSCN5760.JPG

DSCN5761.JPG

DSCN5759.JPG

I would kike to thank the following people for their help in making this possible:
ZE52414 - Thanks Zach for making this bike available at a fair price.
Freqman 1 - Shawn thank you for transporting it home from MLC and your knowledge that you share so freely.
Bobcycles- Great job on the seat and again for sharing your knowledge.
Danny the Schwinn Freak - Springer fork
David Piatek- For the pinstriping
Will Tolbert- Matching the paint
Dan Venturi- Bicycle Bones Truly one of this hobby's good guys
Nu Tech Refinishing- Soda Blasting

While some are dedicated to preserving original bikes ( and I have NO problem with that) my calling is to bring the "Rolling Dead" back to life. Hopefully, this bike will live another 66 years.

Bad, Bad, Badass!!!! This bike really POPS!!!! Great job!!!! It's a real joy to see the miracle you performed....and for giving credit where credit is due.

Last edited:
I picked up that bike at a garage sale in Ottawa Illinois and knew it needed to be saved. Never got around to doing anything with it so passed it along. What you have done with it is amazing!! I’m glad you ended up with it and turned it into the beautiful machine it is now. Fantastic job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up that bike at a garage sale in Ottawa Illinois and knew it needed to be saved. Never got around to doing anything with it so passed it along. What you have done with it is amazing!! I’m glad you ended up with it and turned it into the beautiful machine it is now. Fantastic job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's always interesting to discover the history of a bike. It has found a long term home now. I plan on riding it a bunch.

Back