When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Richard Schwinn at Classic Bicycles Auburn - presenting on pre-war Paramounts!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

alexihnen

On Training Wheels
I wanted to share that Richard Schwinn will be presenting at Classic Bicycles Auburn! He will focus on pre-war Schwinn Paramounts. I just completed reading "No Hands: The Rise and Fall of the Schwinn Bicycle Company", a book every bicycle enthusiast should read, and I'm sure that many here have. Again, I'm sure most here are well aware, but Richard is the great-grandson of Schwinn founder Ignaz Schwinn and today carries the family tradition in cycling at Waterford Precision Cycles. Waterford was formed as an off-shoot of Schwinn when it was acquired in the early 90s after nearly a century of being owned and operated by the Schwinn family.

This is a call for pre-war Schwinn bikes to be presented at Classic Bicycles Auburn as well. The pre-war Paramounts were unique in many ways and it would be amazing to have some bikes there to help illustrate the discussion.

1940_schwinn_paramount_racer.jpg

Wow!
This sounds like a great event.
I was just talking with a friend, about the Auburn,Cord, Duesenberg museum.
What a fantastic venue for an event like this.
I wish I lived close by, I’d bring my 38/39 Sports Tourist.

My Track Racer is a 48 model, but it is a nice example of a custom order geometry with the six day trim paint scheme.

I sure would love to attend the lecture.
One thing to mention, if you are able to attend.
Don’t mention or attempt to have Richard sign that book.
He’s not a fan!
I’d probably feel the same way, if someone were to write a book about my family.

87ACB6FD-2C46-4AA5-9B2A-0AF1593FC4FD.jpeg

Not quite as svelte as the little candy striper in the advertisement below, but here I am riding and enjoying my prewar Paramount.

I’ve got one of these short coupled, fork mount speedo kits, but I just haven’t got around to mounting it yet.

Last edited:
Back