When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RICKERT - Track bike wanted

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

corbettclassics

I live for the CABE
Does anyone have a German Rickert track bike that needs restoration they would be interested in selling??

Let me know

Thank you

I have a New never built up Rickert track bike frame that I have been contemplating selling. I'm too old to ride this type of bike comfortably anymore. Cruisers are more my style now and vintage at that. Please check out attached files.
IMG_8254.JPG

IMG_8255.JPG

IMG_8261.JPG

IMG_8265.JPG

Here's a picture I took of it yesterday where it shows a little more color accuracy with the purple in the paint.

As per my friend ( Rickert expert in Germany ) approx 1979 as Rickert used the blue letters around 1979 - 1 yr up or 1 yr down.

Color was not a factory Rickert color and must have been a special order. This is absolutely a beautiful frame..!!!!

Measures out at 22-3/4" center to center - seat tube. ( I did not measure the top tube ).

Thanks again Charles for letting me come by to look at it.

IMG_7756.JPG

I have a mid-70s Rickert track frame that's been in storage since the early 80s. It was purchased from Jerry Ash, prior to his switch to Masi for the Montreal Olympics (a track that demanded a different frame geometry). I raced the Rickert primarily at the Encino velodrome, sporadically, in '76, '77 and '78 (mostly Cat 3). This is probably the frame that carried Jerry to a couple national championships, but I don't know for sure. Let me know if you want dimensions and images...I'll have to pull it out of storage.

I have a mid-70s Rickert track frame that's been in storage since the early 80s. It was purchased from Jerry Ash, prior to his switch to Masi for the Montreal Olympics (a track that demanded a different frame geometry). I raced the Rickert primarily at the Encino velodrome, sporadically, in '76, '77 and '78 (mostly Cat 3). This is probably the frame that carried Jerry to a couple national championships, but I don't know for sure. Let me know if you want dimensions and images...I'll have to pull it out of storage.
Hi, still have the Rickert?

Hi, still have the Rickert?
I tired and tried with him to give me photos and there was always an excuse. Never got any pics from him so I personally don't know if he still has it. He has been gone from the Cabe here for a year and a half now. I'll try and reach out to him for you.

Hello, corbettclassics,

I am into British built track bicycles built between 1946 & 1960. (Rickert track frames are cool as well!) My latest project is a 1948 Claud Butler frame, the same frame the UK Olympic racing team used in the 1948 Games. My frame would have most probably been a frame sold to a racing club or retail bicycle shop. I am doing a full frame restoration & build up. When it is complete it will have all period correct components. Unfortunately through the frames history, someone painted over the original paint and it was a sloppy mess at that:disappointed: The frame & forks match up regarding serial#s. I also have a Merlin Brothers UK frame from 1949 which is my main workhorse fixed gear ride for x training. It has a mixture of period correct & more modern components. I am a life long distance runner and 50 years old, I need to keep my legs fit without as much poundage to the pavement. I would rather be riding vintage bicycle frame then a modern one😁 Another interesting fact about my 48CB frame is, the head badge style was only used for less then a year between 1948 & 1949. I found only one picture of it on the internet where the paint was still visible. My head badge will stay in place, but you can only see traces of black outlines.

I also wanted to pass along I need (& want!) some period correct true drop bars for my one year only 1896/97 Bethel (PA) racing bicycle. The Wheelman Club finds the frame tricky to pinpoint its exact time period it was available to the public. Period correct racing bars from the late 1890’s are a tough find…

Regards,

“Runner Alex” from, Ontario Canada

cb48_49hb.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Alex,

I believe PeddlePushers ( or some name like that! ) had a '48 Butler track frame for sale last year. I think I know where there is another one.

Sorry I don't have any bars for you.

Are you going to start a separate thread with your Bethel so we can see it?

Cheers
Bill

Back