When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"RICKERT" Track ...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

corbettclassics

I live for the CABE
Just recently picked up this "RICKERT" Track from a neighbor who bought it from "Jerry Ash" ( The Gentle Giant ) in 1975ish. It has not been ridden since approx 1977.

My neighbor, Jerry Ash and myself all raced at the same track here in Los Angeles. It's called the Encino Velodrome. ( 250 meter ). At the velodrome Jerry and I would talk about track bikes. It's not the first time I've owned one of his bikes. This one is special though.

Jerry switched to a Masi for the '74 Olympics so this Rickert is most likely around '69 - 72. I'm waiting to hear back from Jerry with info.

A full preservation and period build is in order for this machine. Rickerts are rare and to find one that was raced by a guy like Jerry Ash is truly a wonderful find.

NOTE: .... when I looked in the bottom bracket I noticed a card. I pulled it out and it's from the famous brothers Bob and Jack Kemp.

IMG_3787.jpg

HEKThZSw.jpeg

mNiwWiVQ.jpeg

IMG_3758.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

IMG_3761.jpg

IMG_3762.jpg

IMG_3794.jpg

Here's a photo of Jerry on his Confente ( he was built like a pure sprinter )

244252532_10158542597271169_5289544125247942022_n.jpg

Beautiful bike.
Nice to see another Rickert.
Mine is a touring bike from ~1959.
8AEC4CE3-B407-48BD-B48B-CD265A561461.jpeg

Not quite finished - changed build and haven’t gotten back to it. Was told Hugo built this one for his brother, but no chance of confirmation.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I was able to get another set of down tube decals put on the bike for the preservation. Mixed some orange paint and did a few touch ups. Getting close now as I'm left with touching up the stripes. I'm not going to replace them but would rather just do paint touch up on these.

NOTE: - Down tube decals came for Gus Salmon @GusSalmon and went on like silk!!! Amazing decals! Thanks Gus

IMG_4405.jpg

IMG_4403.jpg

Back