When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ride to Work Wednesday(Not day specific)

-
Rode to work again and back today.
Well now, haven't had any "Work" to ride to since this pic 01/07/21😛
My last post to this "Non-Daily" Wednesday thread, August, 2020😊
@Balloonoob working nights is tough,
but at least you can ride there!
Ride ON!

Rode to work again and back today. @hm. is this a legitimate Big 10? It sits outside of a junkyard where the guard goat can only warn against tomfoolery. The Big 10 emblem is right in front of the door jam where the door is wired on. I'll get better pics another day :)

Hey man, that is a cool truck! and I do love those square body Chevys, but thinking since its a 6 lug 4 wheel drive that one didnt start out as a big ten. It has the round headlights so the truck is from the same era 75-80.
The "Heavy Half" and "Big 10" or "heavy duty chassis equipment" option for the most part is 3/4 ton springs with a 5 lug rear axle and 5 lug front rotors on a half ton truck.
For a big 10/heavy half, the 4th digit of the vin # will be a 4 (example CCL4). If you find a truck with the options sheet still in it, it will be the 1F44 package.

Parts of the package:
3/4 ton front and rear springs
Wider rear brake drums and shoes for better stopping ability
2 piece drive shaft for long beds
Double hump transmission crossmember for true dual exhaust (no cats)
Very minimal emissions equipment
Also you could get the Big 10/Heavy Half with any engine package.
Hope this helps!

Back