When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ridewell by Woodwell Any Information On This Bike?

-

BrandonB

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi, new to the forum. I've always liked the old balloon tire bicycles especially the ones with the tanks. I was fortunate enough to pick one up a while back. I googled for info on it and there wasn't hardly any but what there, was supplied by this site. So I would like to know if anybody can tell me the era of this bike. To my knowledge it is complete and original with the exception of the tires. Mechanically the bike rides very well. It pedals smoothly and the brakes are working as they should. I haven't taken off the side cover to expose the horn. I'm good at taking things apart but am really bad at putting them back together as they were. I think the horn takes 4 D batteries. Haven't tried to get into the headlight either.
If anybody can tell me any info on it as to the era it would be most appreciated.

IMG_4876.JPG

IMG_4876.JPG

IMG_4877.JPG

IMG_4878.JPG

IMG_4879.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

IMG_4883.JPG

IMG_4885.JPG

IMG_4899.JPG

IMG_4884.JPG

IMG_4881.JPG

IMG_4882.JPG

Thanks so much. I was thinking it might be a prewar era. I saw a blurb on here about the curved seat post I think made it earlier.

Post the serial and we can nail the year down. It will be located underneath the crank hanger--flip bike over. V/r Shawn

Great bent tank !! have one also .. pulling my trailer... I like your nice original....:cool:

Back