When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Riding a Schwinn Typhoon

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That was really cool! Now I can go for a ride just sitting in my chair.

I assume that noise was your seat and not the BB or pedals.

Thanks for the nice ride around the neighborhood.
thumbsup.gif

Sounds like your bb may need some grease.GT is probably correct and it is your seat or you would have definitely noticed if it was the bb.

cool video reminds me of my grandmother's neighborhood in northern indiana , but oil your seat springs please!!!!!!!

Yep, it’s the seat. Normally not that noisy but the gopros microphone picks up and amplifies little noises like squeaks and creaks. I usually hit the seat springs once a year or so- may be time for it again. These seats are notorious for their squeak but I usually don’t even notice it. Thanks for the comments.

Last edited:
I noticed your Typhoon has an upgraded stem, with really nice chrome. So...............maybe upgrade the seat with the deluxe Mesinger. ;)

Loved the video, thanks for posting it. What's your Brother doing these days?

I noticed your Typhoon has an upgraded stem, with really nice chrome. So...............maybe upgrade the seat with the deluxe Mesinger. ;)

Loved the video, thanks for posting it. What's your Brother doing these days?

IDK about the stem, but that's what was in it when I bought it. Looks great, works excellent. I don't think I'll change it. The seat has already been upgraded with the deluxe saddle. The original saddle is an ass hatchet; i upgraded it as soon as I could.

My brother has a 40+ hour a week job that's an hour commute one way from home. That takes up a bunch of his time. He also has a new(er) girlfriend that's a 2 hr drive away from home, so if he's not working he's typically with her (on the weekends). As far as I know he still tries to get in some rides; he built her up a LeTour with tourist bars that they took on a tour this summer, and he's trying to downsize and eliminate bikes that he doesn't ride that just sit around. I think his bikes have taken a bit of a back burner as he continues to sort his life out and try to work on moving out of my parent's house.

Back